Glimpse of Paris Holidays
Paris Holidays offer tourists its wonderful monuments, delightful cuisine and charming occupants’ it is easy to see why. Paris is a destination unlike any other where you can combine all your favourite activities into one amazing city break. Wander through museums for hours, take a cruise down the river Seine, watch the Eiffel Tower light up at night, enjoy fabulous 5* dining, take a stroll through Paris’ many gardens and of course shop to your heart’s content!
What to expect in Paris:
- Language: while most people will speak and understand English, French is certainly preferred in Paris and learning a few phrases will go a long way with Parisian residents!
- Climate: the weather in Paris is very dependent on the time of year and visitors can expect a colder climate in the winter months but seeing Paris in the colder, snowy months can add a whole new dimension to the city. In the summer, Paris is much warmer with highs of 42 degrees Celsius so be sure to pack your sun cream and hats!
Getting around Paris:
- Ubers and Taxis are in abundance in Paris and a relatively cheap and easy way to travel throughout Paris.
- Biking and riding on electric scooters (found throughout the city) is also popular and a cheap way to getting around. This also has the benefit of letting you access the areas car’s might not be able to such as the lovely gardens and parks!
- When travelling slightly outside of Paris, for example to the Palace of Versailles, you’ll want to take the metro. Paris’ train system can be somewhat hard to navigate on the self-payment machines (unless your French is up to scratch) but the station staff are very helpful and purchasing your tickets through the main desk is the best and easiest option.
What to do in Paris:
- The Louvre: The Louvre is Paris’ most famous museum and home of Da Vinci’s masterpiece the ‘Mona Lisa’. This is one of the most impressive museums in Europe and certainly worth a visit whilst in Paris.
- The Eiffel Tower: built in 1889, this iconic Parisian landmark is not to be missed! Going up The Eiffel Tower is an excellent way to get a panoramic view of the city however this can attract large crowds. To avoid the crowds but still get an iconic view of the landmark you’ll want to view it from its surrounding gardens with a picnic in the sun!
- Champs Elysees: this iconic street is lined with shops and restaurants on either side and walking / cycling up it is the best way to approach the Arc de Triomphe!
- The Seine: The Seine is a romantic, winding river throughout the city of Paris and provides the perfect location for a picnic on its banks in the sun or a river cruise under the amazing bridges dotted along the river.
- Disneyland Paris: Disney lovers will be thrilled to visit Disneyland Paris – it has two parks, multiple hotels and restaurants and all your favourite iconic Disney Magic! Disneyland Paris can either be your main holiday destination or done in a day trip from the city proper!
There are so many fabulous places to stay in Paris that suit every budget – getting in touch with our travel team here at Charter Travel is the best way to learn about what’s on offer in Paris, where you can stay and how to make the holiday suit your budget and requirements!
Tell us your requirements and one of our travel advisors will contact you!